Ever wonder why your website is missing from the first page of a particular search despite using SEO Copywriting? Well, do not despair. You may have overlooked some practices that you should not be doing in the first place. Read on to find out what these are and how you can avoid them.
Copywriting comes in many forms. There are different ways to write for books, advertisements, or brochures. The same is true for copywriting for the Internet. People use search engines to find specific content online. In order to make sure that these search engines and people find your content, you must optimize it. That is where SEO Copywriting takes place.
Search Engine Optimization or SEO Copywriting is simply writing content that human searchers want to read. At the same time, it must be easily found and should rank well in search engines. One of the goals of SEO copywriting is to get your audience to use your content to click through your website. If they do not reach your website, they will not discover your products or services. This means you have lost a potential customer.
SEO Copywriting Mistakes That You Should Watch Out For…
Here are some SEO copywriting mistakes to avoid the risk of losing your prospective readers and customers (and what to do with them):
- Using a Weak or Boring Headline. Your headline must be compelling enough to grab the attention of your audience. It must make them curious enough to stop and read your content. Put some thought to your headline, and think about how you can capture your readers’ attention. Here are a few ideas you can use to expand your headline:
- Use keywords that your audience may be searching for.
- Use lists or tips that will provide relevant information for your audience.
- Use short and concise headlines that will briefly describe your content.
- Writing Dull Content. Keep your content interesting from start to finish. It must contain useful and relevant information that your audience seeks. Reading your content must be a pleasurable experience for them. Here are some suggestions you can use:
- Make use of short sentences, and limit your paragraph to a minimum of two or three lines.
- Add some fun with a touch of humor to give your content its own personality.
- Utilize a call to action to minimize giving sales pitches.
- Proofread your content before publication to make sure it is free from spelling and grammatical errors.
- Making Content That is Difficult to Read. The content you post must be easy to scan and read by your audience. This will let them know what your content is all about with just a glance. Here are a few pointers to facilitate an easy reading content:
- Use bullet points and numbered lists to organize your ideas.
- Use bold or italics sparingly, so that search engines will not assume some words as keywords. Using this technique too often especially on a non-keyword may confuse search engines.
- Use short paragraphs only to make it less intimidating and more welcoming to read.
- Wrong Use of Keywords. Keywords are the core of your SEO copywriting. You must identify your keywords through careful research. Here are some ways to do it:
- Use a set of keywords in every article but not more than four times on a page. Search engines may see them as not useful.
- Use synonyms of your keywords at times.
- Use various words that are related to your topic.
- Refrain from overusing your keywords to create a natural flow of words in your content.
- Tricking Search Engines. Using tactics like cloaking and hiding text is not a good practice. Other bad practices include sending spam, linking to bad sites, or spreading viruses. These tricks or techniques can certainly get your site banned.
Overcoming these SEO copywriting mistakes can give you a heads up when making effective web content. It takes a lot of effort and hard work to put great content on your website. However, search engines and readers both love well-written and valuable content. If you provide your audience with content that brings new learning and experiences, you will make your audience happy. If you provide search engines with a great variety of keywords, you will make search engines happy.