Do you have your own blog and are you making money from it? Read this post and find out the many reasons why you’re not able to profit from your blog effectively. We’ve broken down the reasons into categories to see which of these your blog falls under and what you can do about it.
Why Do People Blog?
There are plenty of answers to this question. Some do it for purposes of sharing their own experiences to motivate other people. Others take a more personal approach and use blogs to help people by offering their insights on specific topics. It can also be due to self-gratification.
These days, many people use a blog as a vehicle to make money online. It’s easier and more lucrative to profit from blogging. But that’s if you use this powerful vehicle correctly. If not, then you’ll end up with nothing from it.
While you want your readers to comment, like, or share your content, you’ll always want to get one ultimate goal. That’s to convert your readers into customers. That’s when you make money from it.
So, why aren’t you making money from your blog?
There are four main reasons that contribute to this ill-fated situation. Are you ready to explore these problems and provide solutions for them?
Here we go.
Reason #1: No Traffic
The most usual problem that bloggers have is failing to convert their readers into leads. There is no traffic in other words. No matter how great your blog post is, it will be deemed useless without people to read it. The first thing you need to pay attention to is getting traffic to your site. Here are reasons why it’s not happening and what you can do to fix it:
- No targeted audience. You can’t market your content if you don’t know who your market is. It’s not enough that you have an idea on who you’re targeting. You have to be specific and you have to go out there and get them.
- Wrong market place. So, let’s say you already know who your specific target is, you also have to determine where to get them. If you’re marketing at the wrong place, how can your audience find you? If you want to get your target audience, you have to go where they hang out.
- Relying on your content alone. Content is the king. But the king can’t do it alone without a legion of marketers. Content is crucial, but it won’t go viral alone. Make use of your existing audience and let them view and share your content. If you don’t have your audience yet, then go and spread the word about your content.
- Tweeting is not enough. If you’re a celebrity or famous person, then a tweet will do to get the traffic. But, of course, that’s not the case. You have to go out there and market your blog. Establish relationships with fellow bloggers, do guest writing, or create viral campaigns. Whatever it is, just go out there and make a difference.
- Taking the wrong action. The goal for every material you post is to make your audience take action. But how can that happen if they haven’t heard from you? You can’t expect your audience to do something unless you take action as well.
- Failure to engage their interest. That’s because your headlines are bad. They don’t attract your audience’s attention nor entice their curiosity. Simply put, they’re boring. So, go ahead and learn how to make attention-grabbing headlines.
There’s more for you to know. So, follow us in the next part of the article and learn more reasons why you’re not cashing in on your blog.